Q&A With Agent, Julie Brooks – What to Expect From Everlea’s 3Bedroom Homes
The team behind Everlea Keysborough has been an integral part of its success, with sales agent red23, and more specifically lead agent Julie Brooks, playing a key role. Julie embodies the values of the Everlea neighbourhood and with her past experience and success in selling homes in Keysborough, she is the trusted sales agent many turn to when purchasing a new home in this growth suburb.
This week, we were fortunate to sit down with Julie to learn more about her experiences with home buyers in Keysborough, and specifically what prospective homeowners can expect when visiting Everlea now, with almost 70% of townhouses sold.
Julie, How long have you been selling homes in Keysborough?
I have been selling townhouses in Keysborough for almost 7 years now.
How many homes have you sold in Keysborough?
I have sold 350 homes in this time, nearly all of which have been off the plan residential developments.
What’s your favourite element of selling new homes in Keysborough?
Meeting such a diverse range of people and assisting them through the often long and daunting process of buying a home. Local buyers are attracted to Keysborough as they wish to live in close proximity to family and friends, and have access to the variety of schools, shopping, churches and the bayside beaches – and it’s great to be able to offer that with Everlea to a range potential buyers, many of whom have lived in the surrounding area for many years.
With only 1 2Bedroom townhouse left and the range of 3Bedroom townhouses now available at Everlea, do you have any tips for prospective buyers?
For all home buyers, my advice always is to:
– Chat with a bank or trusted mortgage broker to find out how much you can spend and then work out what you are comfortable spending
– Think about what is important to you, for example being in close proximity to family and friends, variety of schools, shopping, churches, parks and the bayside beaches
– Speak with a good conveyancer or solicitor to guide you through the process and to ensure you are protected from the day of signing your contract until the day you move into your new home
– Understand what your non-negotiables are with your new home and where you may be happy to compromise on inclusions
Which design elements have been well received by young couples who have bought a 3Bedroom home already?
There are a number of elements that have been key drawcards for young couples, including:
– Kitchen design: large fridge spaces approx. 1.1m, stone benchtops, huge double bowl under-mount sink, ample pot drawers, island benches, soft closing cupboard doors and drawers
– Quality of fixtures and fittings, such as the SMEG appliances
– Engineered timber flooring to the living areas, entry and passageways
– Spacious bathrooms with all 3Bedroom homes containing bathtubs, large showers and impressive functional vanities
– Double garages/2 car spaces
– Clerestory window over kitchen living area
– Underground water tanks in many of the backyards to increase usable space
– Fully landscaped and fenced including a large area of paving to enjoy outdoor living.
Are there additional features that are appealing to young families?
Much of the appeal for young families has been the close proximity to the early learning/child care Bluebird centre opening next door at HomeCo Keysborough and Tatterson Park nearby – 48 hectares of parkland, wetlands, walking trails, picnic and BBQ zones, sports grounds and an adventure playground, 3-minute drive or 10-minute walk.
Young families are also very pleased to have a private backyard and Everlea Park at the centre of the neighbourhood.
For downsizers, it’s all about having the space and comforts inside the home that they are accustomed to, and also a double car space or garage. Other attractive features include>
– Ground floor bedroom
– Thoughtful design, minimising the time needed to maintain
– High-quality finishes and inclusions
– Front and backyards that are landscaped and easy to care for
– Short walk to the new HomeCo Keysborough shopping centre next door, and many others in close proximity
– Bus stop in front of the estate
– Living in a brand new home with all of the warranties, while staying in the area close to family and friends
– Simplified process of just paying your deposit upon the signing of the Contract and the remainder upon completion of home – no progress payments or worries
– The Townhouse purchase is a Single Contract meaning you can lock in the total cost of your home ahead of the anticipated completion date, making it a smooth and easy process.
What’s your favourite floorplan design of the 3Bedroom collection, and why?
That’s a hard one to answer… but it would have to be Style D and Style E. They share many similarities, and the features of these homes are really special. I particularly like:
– Bright and spacious kitchen/living area
– Lovely island bench and overall kitchen design
– Almost 40m2 backyard with a large area of paving – great for entertaining
– Ground floor study area – I can see this being really useful for some, and effectively repurposed for others
– Large laundry
– Generously sized bathrooms
– Huge balcony accessible from Bedroom 1, for Style D the balcony faces the front of the home, for Style E the rear of the home
What can visitors expect when they come to the Display Suite?
It’s so important to come to the Display Suite and understand your options and see for yourself what you can expect, and what kind of community you will be joining. I really value this time shared, and it’s important that I get to know these visitors so that I can be offering the right home and inclusions, ensuring they get exactly what they want and more. A typical appointment at the Everlea Display Suite will look like this:
– Discussing and easing the overwhelming process of buying a home, simplifying the process by outlining what to expect, step by step
– Chat about what is important in a home and why
– Assistance with finding a home to suit their budget, lifestyle and needs
– Discuss the architectural component of homes in more detail using various drawings, elevations and renders.
– Talk about the option to upgrade or customise some of the fixtures and fittings to personalise their home, as we appreciate a home is not a ‘one size fits all’
– Wandering through the impressive kitchen and bathroom with some living area displayed to aid in the appreciation of the quality fixtures and fittings included
– Choice of colour selections available to view – we have different tones and surface options for buyers to customise the look and feel of their home
– A discussion about the growing Keysborough location and amenities – knowledge I am fortunate enough to have after operating in the area for almost 7 years
– Information about the Everlea team being Salter Brothers, Bruce Henderson Architects, Builder – Johns Lyng Commercial, Tract and red23 experience in Keysborough
What has been the most rewarding experience when selling these homes and meeting future Everlea residents?
Being able to assist buyers with their many questions in purchasing a home, From the initial enquiry to the signed contract, these questions can come from email, SMS, phone calls and meetings with parents – I love being there to ease, inform and celebrate with these new Everlea community members. I feel like we’re in this together.
Do you have a question that you would like Julie to answer? Contact our Everlea team today on 1300 031 918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, our Everlea Display Suite is open every day between 11am and 5pm, so you can come and explore for yourself.